FSTrigger provides polling mechanisms to monitor a file system and trigger a build if a file or a set of files have changed.
The plug-in makes it possible to monitor changes of a file or a set of files in a folder.
Note: The plug-in uses only persistence in memory. There is no impact on the Jenkins infrastructure (no new files created).
For the first use case, we trigger a build if the list of files has changed between 2 pollings:
For the second use case, we monitor a file from a path.
A build is triggered in the following situations:
For the latest choice, the content file detection can be:
1. Scheduling a build if a specified file is found in a folder and was not present in the previous build
2. Scheduling a build if the last modification date of a file has changed compared to the last modification file date captured in the previous polling
3. Avoiding explicit jobs dependencies (with upstream/downstream mechanisms)
Both jobs are independents and listen external events.
* If you want just to know if a set of files exists and display the number of files found, you can use Files Found Trigger plugin.
The current code is written in Java and it is not very optimized. For example, we can't get similar performance as with Python. Therefore, we recommend to not use FSTrigger plugin when you want to poll a directory with a large set of files.
* Fix XPath computation
* Fix issue #17591 - FSTrigger fails to poll when build node labels change
* Fix issue #18658 - NPE in FSTrigger upon configuration save
* Fix issue #17641 - Unknown field 'logEnabled' in org.jenkinsci.lib.xtrigger.XTriggerCause
* Fix issue #16809 - Plugins FSTrigger/Envinject, NPE while loading jobs
* Fix NullPointerException on polling action
* Fix potential NullPointer exception at startup (envinject-lib 1.8/ xtrigger-lib 1.5)
* Upgrade to xtrigger-lib 0.14 (more logs)
* Fix issue #12176 - Unable to delete a job that has a fstrigger
* Fix reponed issue #12924 - FSTrigger triggers builds on jenkins restart
* Fix issue #12924 - FSTrigger triggers builds on jenkins restart
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.8 (fix issue #12888)
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.7
* Add the choice of check content, last modification date or a change in the size of files for folder content type
* For 'Folder type', add check with new directories
* Fix issue #12208 - More information in log file
* Fix issue #12168 - Monitor files - Does not monitor a unix soft link
* Add check 'A job is not triggered when Jenkins is quieting down and is not buildable'
* Fix reoponed issue #12073 - fstrigger plugin download didn't pull in dependency envinject
* Fix issue #12073 - fstrigger plugin download didn't pull in dependency envinject
* Environment variables are taken into account
* Fix issue #11569 - Enhanced help for includes
* Fix issue #11567 - unhandled FileNotFountException
* Add check for configuration page
* Fix bug on save when no content nature is selected for FileNameTrigger
* Fix empty includes value for 'Folder trigger type'
* Fix path resolution for Windows - Merge pull request from vinaynaik
* Add the ability to monitor more than one file.
* Add an help message for the update center.
* Remove named regular expression (unusual)
* Internationalizing some messages
* Fix a bug for XML Content type
* Add Tar monitoring capabilities
* Fix check on last modification date
* Polling is done on slaves if configured
* Remove the usage of regular expression for the file name to poll
* Internal Refactoring
* Add a page for displaying polling log
* Initial release
Skip to end of metadata Go to start of metadata