View Claim on the plugin site for more information.
Claims may be made sticky to follow the user claiming the failure until the build is successful again.
To claim a build:
- Ensure you are logged in, it doesn't work with anonymous accounts.
- Configure jobs that should be claimable by adding an Allow broken build claiming post-build action.
- When a build breaks, open its page and there will be a link to claim it, right under the Started by user bit.
Emails for assigning/claiming builds:
Send emails when builds are assigned or claimed by checking "Send emails when assigning/claiming builds" in the general System Configuration page. Enabling requires the mailer plugin.
As the plugin uses a post build action to do its magic, it will not add anything to failed builds which were run prior to enabling the plugin (via the above mentioned post-build action).
Claimed shown in build history
Integration with Build Failure Analyzer plugin (from v2.8)
Users may claim additional information: given the Build-Failure-Analyzer(BFA) plugin is installed and enabled,
users can claim failure causes stored in the BFA knowledge base and keep the indication stored in the build.
The Claim menu when BFA is installed
To claim a build with a failure cause:
- Upon claiming the build, the "Error" drop-down will be populated with all failure causes defined in the knowledge base.
Selecting a failure cause will update the "Description" field with the cause description
- By default, selecting "None" will result in the default claim plugin behaviour.
- If there are already failure causes automatically detected by BFA, the claimed cause will be added to the list of identified problems.
Claiming without a failure cause selected will result in no additional causes specified under "Identified Problems"
- The user may also input a claim reason, which is saved in the claim report as per default functionality.
Upon upgrading the claim plugin, old builds that do not have BFA indications will not be able to be claimed with a failure cause. This can be fixed by rebuilding the job with BFA enabled.
v2.15 (03 May 2018)
- Added a link to the claimed test case in the claim mail when claiming a test JENKINS-42090
v2.14.1 (14 Feb 2018)
- Fixed a Jenkins deadlock on startup in specific configurations JENKINS-49038
v2.14 (30 Jan 2018)
- Groovy script is lost when upgrading the plugin JENKINS-49015
- Fixed obsolete data message following field removal
v2.13.1 (07 Jan 2018)
- Fixed claim message inversion between assignee and claimer
v2.13 (06 Jan 2018)
- Added an option to prevent autorefresh when claiming (Experimental)
- Allow propagating claims to following failed builds JENKINS-12437
- Use initial claim date for sticky/propagated claims JENKINS-48037
v2.12 (30 Dec 2017)
- Fixed a Null Reference Exception when migrating old data JENKINS-18809
- Use a dedicated claim icon eveywhere JENKINS-6936
- Made Build-Failure-Analyzer description text appear on form display, and be readonly JENKINS-44066
- Render run description using the configured formatter in Claim Report screen JENKINS-42579
- Made claim colum icon-size aware
- Standardized claim messages & improved them (user link, use of display name)
- Removed Claim Report broken rss links
v2.11 (24 Dec 2017)
- Fixed a regression introduced in 2.10 preventing the plugin to start JENKINS-47972
v2.10 (8 Nov 2017)
- Fixed an arbitrary code execution vulnerability JENKINS-43811
- Added an option to sort users by their full name in the claim page JENKINS-47437
- Fixed an Index Out of Bounds Exception when claiming a test failure JENKINS-44024
v2.9 (14 Nov 2016)
- Fixed single quote failure introduced in 2.8 JENKINS-28722
- Removed unused json2.js JENKINS-33078
- Fix Class Cast Exception when claiming test JENKINS-33715
- Support new version of build failure plugin
- "Claim it" link for tests didn't work when BFA plugin isn't installed JENKINS-39538
- Claiming tests isn't compatible with Jenkins 2.0 pipelines JENKINS-39537
v2.8 (14 Jan 2016)
- Integrate Build-Failure-Analyzer Plugin JENKINS-28722
- Add support for workflow (use SimpleBuildStep) JENKINS-27206
v2.7 (12 May 2015)
- Fixed compatibility with Jenkins Core 1.577 and newer JENKINS-27091
v2.6 (9 Mar 2015)
- Claim stickiness default value is now a globally configurable JENKINS-27002
- Added support for running a global groovy script whenever a claim is changed
v2.5 (8 Dec 2014)
- You can now claim for other users than yourself JENKINS-7824
v2.3 (18 Nov 2013)
- Add support for hierarchical projects JENKINS-17734
v2.2 (27 Mar 2013)
- Added support for translations and added Chinese translation
- Added new icon to make claim plugin more visible
- All jobs are now visible in claim report JENKINS-16801
v2.1 (12 Feb 2013)
- Fixed HTML rendering issue introduced in 2.0 JENKINS-16766
v2.0 (6 Feb 2013)
- Store and display a date of when a claim was added.
- Option to sticky claim test failures if the failure is "similiar"
- Improved Matrix claim information
v1.7 (4 Maj 2010)
- Show user names in claims instead of ids.
- Support for claiming Matrix builds.
v1.6 (28 Nov 2009)
- Updated claim plugin to match updated Jenkins API
v1.5 (17 July 2009)
- Made sure that the claim plugin runs after all the other extensions that can change the build status run. (report)