| Plugin ID
|| In Latest Release
Since Latest Release
| Latest Release
Latest Release Date
Oct 14, 2013
| Source Code
Kohsuke Kawaguchi (id: kohsuke)
|| 2013-Mar 5969
This plugin allows you to automatically abort a build if it's taking too long. Once the timeout is reached, Jenkins behaves as if an invisible hand has clicked the "abort build" button.
After installing the plugin, go to the configure page for your job and select "Abort the build if it's stuck".
|Because Java only allows threads to be interrupted at a set of fixed locations, depending on how a build hangs, the abort operation might not take effect. For example,
- if Jenkins is waiting for child processes to complete, it can abort right away.
- if Jenkins is stuck in an infinite loop, it can never be aborted.
- if Jenkins is doing a network or file I/O within the Java VM (such as lengthy file copy or SVN update), it cannot be aborted.
So if you think the build time out isn't taking effect, our default assumption is that the build is hanging at the place that cannot be interrupted. If you suspect otherwise, please obtain the thread dump and report it.
Version 1.12.2 (Oct 14, 2013)
- Fixed missing strategies selection when a new job is created (issue #19592)
- Fixed missing label selecting time-out strategy
Version 1.12 (Sep 7, 2013)
- Fix elastic timout (pull #12).
- Define an extension point for time-out strategy (pull #14).
- Build Timeout Plugin configuration interface shows all sub options (issue #18618).
Version 1.11 (Oct 28, 2012)
- Change to build timeout job configuration not saved (issue #14158).
- Clarified timeoutMinutesElasticDefault's name (pull #11).
Version 1.10 (Jun 16, 2012)
- Build timeout plugin 1.9 always sets timeout period to 3 minutes ().
- updated to LTS 1.447
- updated Japanese localization.
Version 1.9 (March 12, 2012)
- amend build description on timeout
- elastic timeout option to define timeout as a percent of previous build duration
- "likely stuck" option
Version 1.8 (Aug 27, 2011)
- Marking a build as failed works now as expected.
- Japanese translation
Version 1.7 (Mar 20, 2011)
- Clarify in help text that marking build as failed instead of aborted does still abort the build.
- Write more detail in log when build is aborted.
Version 1.6 (Dec 28, 2009)
- Remove debug output
- Update uses of deprecated APIs
- Option to mark builds as failed or aborted.
- The plugin now works with the native maven2 job type as well as the matrix job type.