View Skype notifier on the plugin site for more information.
Integrates Jenkins with Skype for instant messaging. Requires extra manual installation steps!!!
Note that you also need to install the instant-messaging plugin.
This plugin enables Jenkins to send build notifications via Skype, and to talk to Jenkins via a 'bot' to run commands, query build status etc..
Follow the steps below
This plugin needs the Instant Messaging Plugin. Please ensure that the latest version of this plug-in is also installed.This plugin requires special hudson setup to work.
How to get it running
This plugin requires a running skype and uses JNI so it will take some configuration to work. Currently tested on Windows Server 2003 and CentOS 5.5
- Skype must be running as the same user as a hudson slave/master
- If running hudson on a 64bit JDK you must add a windows/linux slave running on a 32bit jdk
- The slave must have a "skype" label
- Check the logs to see if it connects ok to skype
- If it connects ok, then you must allow the java plugin to connect with skype
- Add skypeid to all users in hudson
- Good luck
The libskype.so is build for CentOS 5.5
I used the static version of skype, but I guess other versions will work also.
If you run the slave/master as a windows service it will fail to connect with skype
Node startup script for linux
Must either have a running console or use vncserver on display :1 (logon to the vnc/console to accepts the jenkins plugin in skype)
Also copy the skype executable to the slave home folder
Skype on CentOS
Version 1.1 (May 14, 2011)
- Bot commands are now supported.
- Groups are now supported, prefix groups with a *