View Mail Commander Plugin for Jenkins-ci on the plugin site for more information.
The current version of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before use:
Mail Commander Plugin
This plugin is provide function that command with e-mail. Write CLI command to e-mail subject and send to pre setting address. Mail Commander recieve e-mail from pre setting address, and read e-mail subject as CLI command, execute it.
- You write a mail with CLI command subject and send to a address which is configured by mail commander.
- Jenkins get a "command mail" from POP3 Server and read subject, then execute a CLI Command.
- Send a mail of job result to command sender. To decide mail address , use recieve mail's from address.
- You recieve a mail with result.
You can recieve result that is CLI command' s result not a build result.
- Install "mail commander" from menu 'Jenkins>>Plugin manager>>mail commander'.
Please configure E-mail Notification ( Menu 'Manage Jenkins >> Configure System >> E-mail Notification ) SMTP server, System Admin E-mail Address and Jenkins URL.
2. You configure job parameter. Parameter have three points that is build, post build action, and build trigger.
<Step 1. Build> please select "Mail Commander" and set parameter.
<Step 2. Post Build Action> please check "MailCommander Notification".
<Step 3. Build Triggers> please check "MailCommander Polling" and schedule.
3. You can write a CLI command in subject and send a mail to POP3 User's address. Please remove -s option (ex. "-s http://\~ (http://~)" ) from normal CLI command.
normal CLI command sample : java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ build testjob
Mail commander CLI subject sample : build testjob
- Mail Commander find "groovy" in subject, it is proccess mail content as groovy script.
- initial release.